What's next for Samba ?

conrad at mac.com conrad at mac.com
Thu Nov 13 08:28:21 GMT 2003

At 4:12 PM +1100 11/13/03, tridge at samba.org wrote:

>and speaking of such things, one big thing I would like to add to
>Samba3 (and Samba4) is a really good NT ACL system. I have this as a
>approved work-time project for me to do in the next few months if no
>one beats me to it. The idea is to use the shadow-ACL method using
>posix extended attributes to achieve 100% compatibility with Windows
>ACLs. I can supply more info on the design if anyone wants it.

If?  You can be damn sure some of us want it :)  I might or might not
get to work on it officially, but I'm sure there are many others
interested in ACL mappings between Windows and Posix (1003.1e draft
17 I presume)

Thanks,
Conrad

Conrad Minshall h:408-446-2323 conrad at mac.com

WARNING POLITICS HERE WARNING POLITICS HERE WARNING POLITICS HERE WARNING

http://www.truthout.org/       http://www.eff.org/   http://www.fair.org/