What's next for Samba ?

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Nov 13 05:12:55 GMT 2003

Jerry,

 > Ahh....this brings up a good point I forgot to mention.
 > No features will be accepted for the roadmap without an
 > owner(s).   Sound fair?

yep!

and speaking of such things, one big thing I would like to add to
Samba3 (and Samba4) is a really good NT ACL system. I have this as a
approved work-time project for me to do in the next few months if no
one beats me to it. The idea is to use the shadow-ACL method using
posix extended attributes to achieve 100% compatibility with Windows
ACLs. I can supply more info on the design if anyone wants it.

Cheers, Tridge