directing smbc_opendir(url) to an explicit interface

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Nov 13 03:30:20 GMT 2003

David,

There is no way that I can see to use a URL to indicate which interface
should be used.  That is, there is nothing in the URL format that would
apply to the problem you've raised, as I understand it.  If I'm missing
something, please let me know.

I'm at the IETF meeting now (sitting on the floor during the Plenary).
We've had some discussion regarding the current SMB URL draft.  I will be
adding an appendix or two, but otherwise the consensus reached at dinner
in the Thai restaurant is that I should go through the steps of moving the
draft to RFC format.  Now would be a good time to let me know if there are
any problems in the draft.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org