libsmbclient API for querying LMB?

David Wuertele dave-gnus at bfnet.com
Mon Nov 10 19:18:45 GMT 2003

Me> I would like to get an array of struct containing the current
Me> browse list from the LMB.  Is there a libsmbclient API for doing
Me> this?

Jelmer> Use smb:// for browsing the list of workgroups/domains or
Jelmer> smb://name-of-workgroup for browsing the list of servers in a
Jelmer> workgroup/domain.

Thanks, but I guess what I was really asking was this:

Is there a *function* in libsmbclient, like
"get_browse_list(&this_workgroup)", that I can call from my C program,
to have it query the LMB and return the list of servers in a
workgroup?

Since I already know how to find the LMB, it could also look like
this:  "get_browse_list(&this_server)"

It is ok if it lists more than the servers in the workgroup.

Thanks,
Dave