FW: [Samba] NTLMv2 in Samba 3.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 6 19:20:30 GMT 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 07:06:58PM +0000, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 01:29:08PM +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> >
> > This is because we doesn't support NTLM2 Session Response.with value '1'
> > http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html#theNtlm2SessionResponse
>
> Ok, can you explain this a little more please ? It'd be nice
> to get this fixed for 3.0.1.

The code in libsmb/ntlmssp.c:ntlmssp_client_challenge() needs to be
translated for server-side use in ntlmssp_server_auth().  Note that we
are probably going to need to add some fancy logic, if you want
'security=server' to still work, as you will need to change the
'challenge' being submitted to the auth backend.