win2K and samba

Nadeem Khan nggkhan at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 15:10:13 GMT 2003

Dear samba orgnisation,

i have installed my samba in my linux server, in my
network there are 5 machines, 1 is linux and other are
win2k, i have configured the file /etc/samba/smb.conf,
i change workgroup and etc...
and i make a "testparm", it's all right, and i restart
my samba, it's right.
i can see my linux name from windows network but when
i click it the message "The network path was not
found", when i try to ping from win2k to linux, it
works, when i try "nmblookup WORKGROUP" from linux,
it's ok, i can ping from linux to windows and windows
to linux, but i can not ping buy name from windows to
linux.

my smb.conf
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2003/11/06 12:28:16

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = RUTLISH.DT
	server string = samba server
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	unix password sync = Yes
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 0
	name resolve order = wins hosts lmhosts bcast
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 33
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes