win 2k active directory restrictions

Joel Reyes joelqreyes at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 15:13:28 GMT 2003

 you mean if i use samba 3.0.0 it will bypass the logon to restriction in win 2k active directory?
 what do you mean by "We now correctly pass on the workstation name."
  i tried to find it in the documentation regarding the changes in samba 3.0.0
  i could not find it. can you help me?

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 10:09:56PM -0800, Joel Reyes wrote:
> i am using samba with winbind in redhat linux with security = domain in smb.conf
> however a windows client can access a share in the samba server only if the samba
> server name is added in the logon to restriction option in the Win 2k Active Directory.
> For example: username john can login only to computer ALPHAONE, he can only access the samba share if i add the samba server name for ex. SAMBA in the list of
> the computers he can logon to. Any suggestions on how to bypass this?

Use Samba 3.0.0. We now correctly pass on the workstation name.