Max file size limit 45GB

AKadi at connected.com AKadi at connected.com
Sat May 31 18:44:50 GMT 2003

I am trying to use a linux server (RedHat8.0 2.4.18-14smp) with Samba
(2.2.8a-1) and shared 1.5TB ReiserFS (3.6.25) volume as a storage file
server for MS SQL Server database backups. However the maximum file size I
can copy onto the server is everything below 45GB and the average file sizes
of my database files are unfortunetly all above 100GB.

Is there a 45GB limit in samba? I am using only default settings, are their
any configuration settings I can try to enable support for >100GB files ?

Regards,

Atakan