SWAT Issues

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri May 30 07:02:03 GMT 2003

Vorlon,

I saw the SWAT bug report info you posted on IRC.

Please file a bug report on bugzilla. As a very minimum this instance of
trouble should be on record.

I recall having seen Netscape 4.77 stuff up previously, not just with
Samba SWAT either. As I recall this is a problem that is tied to glibc.
I do not remember the specific details of it. A google search did not turn
up anything familiar so I am probably off in my recollections.

I did some testing. I use Mozilla 1.3b.

No matter how many spaces I force add in front of any non-default
parameter, SWAT writes the entire string including the extra spaces to
smb.conf. If I then re-read and re-commit the unnecessary spaces are
removed. In any case, no matter what I tried, I could not reproduce a loss
of data, except parameters that are at default settings. This is expected
behaviour.

In mid 2001 time frame I had similar problems with Netscape 4.77 I had
similar problems accessing CST webcal. Also, I could not use this version
to access the American Express web site at that time.

In CST webcal all event entries would show up blank. Any attempt to edit
the event and to commit would corrupt the entire entry.

I believe that this bug was related to a glibc change and was fixed in
4.78.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra