BUGS: at least two in pdb_ldap.c

Donny Davies djdavies at rogers.com
Tue May 27 18:15:11 GMT 2003

>>   Lines 1705 and 1714 are obviously incorrect.
>>
>>   I tried patching locally here by replacing "nextUserRid" with
>> get_attr_key2string(dominfo_attr_list, LDAP_ATTR_NEXT_USERRID)
>> and similarly replacing "nextGroupRid" with
>> get_attr_key2string(dominfo_attr_list, LDAP_ATTR_NEXT_GROUPRID)
>
>This has been fixed in CVS.
>
>> which lets me get further with `smbpasswd -a -m foo' than i did
>> before, but it still doesnt work and I end up triggering:
>>
>> DEBUG(0, ("NO user RID specified on account %s, and "
>> "finding next available NUA RID failed, "
>> "cannot store!\n", pdb_get_username(sampass)));
>>
>>   I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this.  Please take a look.
>
>I'll have to work on this some and get back to you.

  Jerry

  I'm afraid this isn't exactly a high-quality piece-of-feedback I'm
about to give, but nevertheless I should at least mention it.

  I have `smbpasswd -a -m foo' working now, but the thing is, that I
changed _three_ things.  One was the fix I suggested in the opening
of this thread, which from what I gather you say you've applied to
the CVS; but I don't think that on it's own fixed me up, in fact I
know it didnt because I did a recompile with it, and still got the
DEBUG noted above.

  The other two things I changed in my config were (pseudo diff) :

- ldap machine suffix = ou=machines,dc=escarpment
+ ldap machine suffix = ou=people,dc=escarpment

- idmap uid = 1000-2000
- idmap gid = 1000-2000
+ #idmap uid = 1000-2000
+ #idmap gid = 1000-2000

  Now I can `smbpasswd -a -m foo' and not trigger the DEBUG I was
getting before.

  What's the point of this?  Well, I hope it might help you iron
out any code path difficulties with `smbpasswd -a -m' and ldapsam.
Sorry I couldn't provide any more specific analysis...

                Donny.