Solaris 2.6 high CPU with HP 4300 print driver

Joe Meslovich joe at bridgewater.edu
Fri May 23 14:49:35 GMT 2003

I know a few other people have reported high cpu usage with print servers
on solaris systems. One thing that I have noticed is that we are primarily
having the problem with new HP 4200 and 4300 printers. I know Jeremy had
said that the looping was due to spoolss support being disabled. Well I
have re-enabled that functionality on a test basis, and I still get high
CPU usage with the 4200 and 4300 printer drivers. I have level 10 logs
from 2.2.8a on the effected process. I have even upgraded to a CVS version
of 3.0 from yesterday and the same problem is happening with it. Thus far
it is localized to those models only.

							Joe Meslovich

Joe Meslovich						joe at bridgewater.edu
Associate Network/Systems Engineer	                IT Center
Tel: (540) 828 - 5343