winbind problems ?

Roman Katsnelson roman.katsnelson at db.com
Wed May 21 18:34:10 GMT 2003

Hello all

We are trying to configure samba 2.2.8a  with security=domain level, and
it does not seem to be working.
We have complied samba with winbind support enabled  and we were able to
browse our domain users and groups, however every time domain user was
trying to login into to the system  we got access denied error ?!

pam.conf and smb.conf are configured with optimal setting.

We are running samba on solaris (SunOS 5.8)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

- Roman

P.S.
I read that current release of winbind (version 2.2) only working with
Linux