AW: APW is missing

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Wed May 21 15:55:44 GMT 2003

On May 21, jerry at samba.org said:
> 2 questions:
>
>   1)  Have you ever seen a windows client send
>       MAXIMUM_ALLOWED_ACCESS without including
>       SERVER_ALL_ACCESS ?  rpcclient doesn't count
>       here.  I know we don't do this exactly like NT
>       but it has never matter against real windows
>       clients

Hmm. As documented in the quoted post, NT4SP6 talking to Samba sends
MAXIMUM_ALLOWED_ACCESS without any of the printer admin access bits,
but I don't recall if it had SERVER_ALL_ACCESS set.

>   2)  How did you setup the Printer Operator account?
>       It is unclear to me from your mail whether
>       this was a local account or doamin account or something
>       else.

The account I was using was in the printer admins list on the Samba
side, and in the Printer Operators group on the Windows side, as I
recall.

cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"what men want is to be really, really close to someone who will leave them
 alone" - some comic, as quoted by kate.