smb signing and win2k3

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Mon May 19 19:02:29 GMT 2003

Andrew Bartlett wrote
>This might imply SMB
>signing, which we don't support. In particular, we know very little
>about the NTLMSSP variant of SMB signing :-(

Interestingly putting Windows 2003 Server in domain mode enables signing
(which is not required to access the server before you run the
ActiveDirectory promo wizard) but as we saw at Connectathon & the CIFS
conference this breaks most if not all of the clients, I will have my work
cut out getting the cifs vfs code for this working and accepted by Linus
before 2.5 goes gold (so we have a working Linux client to access Windows
2003 Domain Controllers)

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com