"testparm" in 3.0: changed behaviour? Only indicating explicitly defined settings?

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sat May 17 20:33:27 GMT 2003

John H Terpstra wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 2003, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>has the behaviour of "testparm" been changed in 3.0?
>>
>>I only see settings explicitly written into smb.conf,
>>whereas in 2.2.x testparm also showed the compiled-in
>>values, or parameter with empty strings.
>>
>>Is that a bug of a feature?
>

> It is deliberate, to get the old behaviour use -v.

Thanks.

I had consulted the man page -- but now it turns out, that it
was the old 2.2.x one.

Then I had turned to your latest HOWTO-Collection (PDF from
www.samba.org/~terpstra/NT4migration/) -- but this one seems
missing a hint about the new behaviour. Maybe a good place to
insert a sentence or two about it also?

Thanks again, John! (Saved me from headaches about how to
re-write my draft....  ;-)

> - John T.

Cheers,
Kurt