3.0alpha24: make bug (or more...)

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri May 16 10:01:15 GMT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, David Lee wrote:

> [...]
> The main element of my patch (although perhaps I failed to draw your
> attention explicitly to it) was that it cleaned up this interface.
> "mkproto.sh", whose primary job is to read *source* (.c) files was having
> to not being given the necessary ".c" information, was was having to
> attempt to second-guess it from suboptimal ".o" information.

Let me rephrase that paragraph!  My thoughts and fingers would seem to
have explored divergent paths.

# The main element of my patch (although perhaps I failed to draw your
# attention explicitly to it) was that it cleaned up this interface.
# "mkproto.sh", whose primary job is to read *source* (.c) files, was not
# being given the necessary ".c" information, but rather was having to
# attempt to second-guess it from suboptimal ".o" information.