3.0alpha24: make bug (or more...)

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri May 16 08:22:59 GMT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> OK - that's a bug then.  Just make it not reference that file, and
> include the prototype of the single externally callable function in our
> other headers.

Thanks for the reply.

You say "Just make it...".  What is the "it"?  (And the syntax implies
that it is I who should be providing a patch to my patch.  Correct?  If
so, could you clarify the detail, please?)

> Sounds good.  Once you have done that, it's easy to drop from
> PROTO_OBJS.
> [...]
> Apart from the need to just manually prototype the build_options stuff,
> this patch looks good.  For one extra header prototype, it's not worth
> the special case in the script.

So the basic idea of the patch is correct?  But there's a detail you would
like to see reworked?

Again this suggests it is I who should be doing further work on the patch.
That's fine in principle.  But I'm somewhat unclear on the detail you wish
to be reworked.  Could you clarify that detail, please?

Is it something like:  Try to confine the patch only to "Makefile.in",
leaving "script/mkproto.sh" untouched, and passing into it only ".o" (not
".c") files?  Sounds fine by me.  (If not, then let me know what it is.)

Who should do this?  You?  Me?  Vance?  Let me know.

Best wishes.