General Modules

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu May 15 12:37:23 GMT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:33:48AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote about 'General Modules':
> as discussed on IRC I want to add a new SMB_SUBSYSTEM(GENERAL)

> for general modules, like the combined ldap module for idmap and pdb.
This has been planned for ages. developer.so is a plugin that would be
a candidate for that. Btw, let's put those plugins just in $LIBDIR.

> I also want to add
> SMB_MOUDLE_ALIAS(origname,origsubsystem,aliasname,aliassubsystem)

> so for idmap ldap it would be

> SMB_MODULE_ALIAS(general_ldap,GENERAL,ldap,IDMAP)

> that should place a symlink

> in $libdir/idmap/ldap.so the points to ../general/ldap.so (./ldap.so)
Not sure if this is the way to go. I'll reply more detailed after my
exams.

> This will fix the smb_probe_module() for backends like ldapsam_compat or
> samstrict ...

> I'll send a patch for that later, I have to test it a bit more...

> (What we should need also here is smb_register_*() dummy fn's in binaries
> that aren't
> linked to a subsystem.
> Any ideas how to do this "non-ugly"? (Since Andrew forced Jelmer to revert
> a patch for this))
Actually, Andrew convinced me the patch for dummy functions we wrote is ugly.
There was no force :-)

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij                                      <jelmer at samba.org>