So much for moving rid-> ntSid, what about the primaryGid we left behind?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 5 06:51:57 GMT 2003

So, can anybody give me a good reason why I should keep the
'primaryGroupRID' given we have moved the things that really matter to
SIDs?

I must have missed it when I last looked at this area - I think we
should have primaryGroupSID instead.  That would allow easy ldap
searches to find the members of a group, in particular.

The only point I note is that Microsoft doesn't even make this a SID,
but this is one point where I think AD's schema is a bit nuts..

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net