VFS interface docs

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Sat May 3 09:42:17 GMT 2003

At 18:39 02.05.2003 +0200, Rainer Link wrote:

>Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>>On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 05:29:03PM +0200, Rainer Link wrote about 'Re:
>>VFS interface docs':
>>>Thanks Stefan. I currently miss a chapter wrt building external (3rd)
>>>party modules, i.e. should 3rd party module(s) ship with an own
>>>configure.in/Makefile.in stuff? If yes, any suggestions. Or can such
>>>modules being build within Samba (i.e. via ./configure --with-shared-modules)?
>>Check the Makefile for the skel VFS module in current CVS.
>
>Ok, thanks. But if I'm not mistaken, I still need a configure script to
>check which specific linker flags are needed or some more includes are
>needed (i.e. Samba was build with kerberos support).

I'm currently working on a example configure srcipt that can take:
--with-samba-source
--enable-developer

and maybe
--with-samba-libdir

to create a dynamic Makefile...

The module writers can allso extend this configure.in script
to detect used header files or libs....

so that you can pass e.g. 'CC="ccache gcc" or so to configure.

that would make the life a bit easier for distributions.
If they didn't need to edit a Makefile by hand.

metze