[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0 HOWTO Collection: new Draft for Printing Chapters is available

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu May 1 11:47:42 GMT 2003

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 05:01:05AM +0200, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

[....]

>>I have written a Draft for the new Printing Chapter of the Samba-3.0
>>HOWTO-Collection. It is available at
>>
>>  http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection-3.0-PrintingChapter-3rd-draft.html
>
> Very nice! Thank you!
>

>>A PDF version (for convenient printing) is at
>>
>>  http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection-3.0-PrintingChapter-3rd-draft.pdf

[....]

> Ok. We are in process to move documentation from SGML to Docbook XML (HEAD
> was already converted this night, SAMBA_3_0 will follow shortly when I and
> Jelmer will have time to merge that -- hopefully tonight). Please look at
> it, I did some syntax fixes in CUPS Printing chapter.

Basically that's OK. But the content include there up to now is
being replaced by the (developing) document linked to above. So
don't waste time on the "old" staff. I'll be glad to receive your
comments, patches, fixes and suggestions about the *new* stuff.

Thanks, Alexander!

>>The printing draft contains 15 ASCII art flowcharts trying to to
>>clarify and explain various aspects of Windows --> Samba printing
>>and of CUPS printfile processing. However, I am not able to convert
>>this into something "nice". So here goes the call to all who are
>>willing and able to help out with their abilities to use one of the
>>Free Software drawing or graphic programs: Please provide some better
>>illustrations for this important documentation.
>
> I propose to use Graphviz (www.graphviz.org) and its Dot tool for drawing
> such flowcharts. I'll try to convert some of them.

I'm looking forward to see these.

Cheers,
Kurt