Domain Administrator

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu May 1 08:58:59 GMT 2003

Hi there.

What is the exact meaning of the NT term "Domain Administrator"?  As I
recalled it, it merely means that the account (which has that
privilege or whatever) is trusted and regarded as an administrator
account on every machine on the domain.  Are there other meanings
(e.g. to the server)?

How can a domain admin be set in Samba 3.0?  I recall there were some
settings in smb.conf which disappeared...

Does it have anything to do with Samba groups?

Sorry for the vague questions.  Will try to do more research on this,
look a bit at the sources, and read some more, but I'm tired...

  Thanks,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/