WINSEDIT.C

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Thu May 1 08:00:03 GMT 2003

On May 1, metze at metzemix.de said:
> When the winsedit tool will be able to edit entries in the wins.tdb
> YOU MUST USE IT WHEN NMBD IS  *NOT* RUNNING!!!!
> otherwise the information will not be used and overwritten!!!
> Because of the current layout of nmbd.
> nmbd read's the wins.tdb on start and then holds the a list in memory.
> then it flushes all entries to a new wins.tdb file periodicly and delete
> the old file!!!

It would be handy if a winsedit tool could modify the file and then
signal nmbd to reload it, but I'm guessing that signalling nmbd right
now will cause it to flush any changes it's holding into the tdb,
overwriting what you've change?

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
"One or more sentences in this post have been over-leavened with