Creating private shares.

Devanesan sde at baba9.com
Thu May 1 07:21:54 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am a beginner in Samba. I want to create private shares in the
server(RedHat Linux) for individual users who are using Windows. I have
placed the script listed below in the file "/etc/smb.conf"
and restarted samba. But the private share (example z:) is not appearing
automatically when a
user logs on to his machine, while it is working manually when I click
"NETLOGON.BAT".

**************************
logon script = /usr/local/samba/netlogon/NETLOGON.BAT

[netlogon]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
    guest ok = yes
    writable = no
    share modes = no

[samba]
comment = Login traking share
path = /usr/local/samba
root preexec = /usr/local/bin/netlogon.sh %u
root postexec = /usr/local/bin/netlogoff.sh %u

Kindly guide me where I am going wrong and please point me the exact steps that
needs to be followed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Devanesan.