Samba 3.0 HOWTO Collection: new Draft for Printing Chapters is available

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Thu May 1 05:49:50 GMT 2003

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 05:01:05AM +0200, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> [crossposting to Samba, CUPS and Linuxprinting mailing lists...]
>

> Hi,
>
> I have written a Draft for the new Printing Chapter of the Samba-3.0
> HOWTO-Collection. It is available at
>
>   http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection-3.0-PrintingChapter-3rd-draft.html
Very nice! Thank you!

> A PDF version (for convenient printing) is at
>
>   http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection-3.0-PrintingChapter-3rd-draft.pdf
>
> The Samba 3.0 HOWTO-Collection is due for release alongside the Samba
> 3.0 software release, probably sometime in May/June. The complete
> collection of docus in all its draft components is already greatly
> enhanced and extended, and so is the printing part. Please help
> further polish it.
Ok. We are in process to move documentation from SGML to Docbook XML (HEAD
was already converted this night, SAMBA_3_0 will follow shortly when I and
Jelmer will have time to merge that -- hopefully tonight). Please look at
it, I did some syntax fixes in CUPS Printing chapter.

> The printing draft contains 15 ASCII art flowcharts trying to to
> clarify and explain various aspects of Windows --> Samba printing
> and of CUPS printfile processing. However, I am not able to convert
> this into something "nice". So here goes the call to all who are
> willing and able to help out with their abilities to use one of the
> Free Software drawing or graphic programs: Please provide some better
> illustrations for this important documentation.
I propose to use Graphviz (www.graphviz.org) and its Dot tool for drawing
such flowcharts. I'll try to convert some of them.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
---