New modules system and vfs_done

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Mar 31 13:25:11 GMT 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:30:42AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote about 'New modules system and vfs_done':
> As per my recent commit, the new (VFS) modules system completely breaks
> on tree disconnect!

> We need to separate the different cases - the compat and the central
> modules, and provide either a flag or a function pointer to the correct
> way to shut down a module.
if(handle->handle == NULL) then we're using a central module. I've got
a patch that fixes all this, which I'll apply later today.

> The code in conn_close is really in the wrong place - it's dealing with
> the VFS, not the connection.

> And how should a internal module 'end' it's operations anyway?  We don't
> seem to have that coded up at all...
Problem is we can't assume a plugin is ever going to be unloaded -
not all operating systems support dlclose() and plugins might be
linked in statically.

Jelmer
--
Jelmer Vernooij                                      <jelmer at samba.org>