New modules system and vfs_done

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Mon Mar 31 10:25:27 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 03:30, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> As per my recent commit, the new (VFS) modules system completely breaks
> on tree disconnect!
>
> We need to separate the different cases - the compat and the central
> modules, and provide either a flag or a function pointer to the correct
> way to shut down a module.
>
> The code in conn_close is really in the wrong place - it's dealing with
> the VFS, not the connection.
>
> And how should a internal module 'end' it's operations anyway?  We don't
> seem to have that coded up at all...

Eh, the shutdown stuff was just a thing, I was thinking yesterday ...
I agree we should have to way to startup and shutdown the modules, as we
have to way to load it (preload and fork).
This is mandatory for modules that uses databases or other repository
they connect to through a socket or other communication mechanism.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399