charset confusion

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun Mar 30 21:11:13 GMT 2003

Am Sunday 30 March 2003 22:46 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> Am Sunday 30 March 2003 20:37 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've done an experiment and configured my only windows
> > system (german win98) in the LAN to be named "häßlich"
> > and be in the workgroup "möbel".
> >
> > Then tried testsmbc on "smb://m%C3%B6bel/" (correctly
> > UTF-8 escaped samba URL). That tried a broadcast for
> > möbel<1d>, which I think it shouldn't. I'm not sure what
> > exactly it's supposed to do, but surely not UTF-8.
>
> Checking the wire, it seems the conversion from UTF-8 worked
> fine, just the strupper() call that's happening on the input doesn't
> work. At least the string on the wire is M<94>BEL (MöBEL) for
> libsmbclient and M<99>BEL (MÖBEL) for smbtree.
>
> I then tried to change the strupper in push_ascii to a call
> to unix_strupper, but that failed too for me - but I'm continuing
> there :)

Good I looked, now I understand the code much better - and I haven't said
anything. Even though I'd suggest the following patch to source/Makefile.in:

-       @$(SHEEL) $(srcdir)/script/installmodules.sh $(INSTALLPERMS)
$(DESTDIR)$(BASEDIR) $(DESTDIR)$(CHARSETLIBDIR) $(CHARSET_MODULES)
-       @$(SHEEL) $(srcdir)/script/installmodules.sh $(INSTALLPERMS)
$(DESTDIR)$(BASEDIR) $(DESTDIR)$(AUTHLIBDIR) $(AUTH_MODULES)
+       @$(SHELL) $(srcdir)/script/installmodules.sh $(INSTALLPERMS)
$(DESTDIR)$(BASEDIR) $(DESTDIR)$(CHARSETLIBDIR) $(CHARSET_MODULES)
+       @$(SHELL) $(srcdir)/script/installmodules.sh $(INSTALLPERMS)
$(DESTDIR)$(BASEDIR) $(DESTDIR)$(AUTHLIBDIR) $(AUTH_MODULES)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Pace, Peace, Paix, Paz, Frieden, Pax, Pokój