encrypt passwords=no, security=yes, samba 2.2.8, W2K user aut h fails

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Mar 27 15:06:08 GMT 2003

Hi tony,
based on your log file, it sure does APPEAR that you have NOT turned off
encrypted passwords,
as samba is trying to open /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd.  It should
only do that if it negotiated encrypted passwords in the negot prot call,
which it should only be able to do if encrypted passwords is set to yes.

I note that you are including ANOTHER smb.conf file at the end of your
global section; please check there and see if you have an encrypt passwords
= yes, and/or include the contents of that smb.conf file as well in your
	include=/etc/sfw/local-smb.conf