LDAP Coding??

Thu Mar 27 11:44:55 GMT 2003

Hi (lukeh?)!

Why does my LDAP server deny the following request?

ldapmodify sends this IA== (base64 for blank) as '04 01 20' according
to ethereal.

If I have a non-base64 value, say 'xxx', in 'profilePath' this works
perfecly fine.

This is a standard debian woody, so I have slapd 2.0.23.

I'm still seeing this as my error, or could this also be an OpenLDAP
bug?

Thanks!

Volker

vlendec at delphin:~/ldif$ ldapsearch -x uid=vl profilePath
version: 2

#
# filter: uid=vl
# requesting: profilePath
#

# vl, samba, org
dn: uid=vl,dc=samba,dc=org
profilePath:: IA==

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1
vlendec at delphin:~/ldif$ cat test.ldif
dn: uid=vl,dc=samba,dc=org
changetype: modify
delete: profilePath
profilePath:: IA==
vlendec at delphin:~/ldif$ ldapmodify -x -D cn=admin,dc=samba,dc=org -w secret -f test.ldif
modifying entry "uid=vl,dc=kampf,dc=de"
ldap_modify: Invalid syntax
        additional info: modify: delete values failed

ldif_record() = 21
vlendec at delphin:~/ldif$