Mounting to a Windows Share

Eisenstein, Doug Doug.Eisenstein at FMR.COM
Tue Mar 25 13:52:18 GMT 2003

>From my RH 8 box I use smbmount to mount a share to \\windows2k\fileshare1
<\\windows2k\fileshare1> . The mount point is created..

Now I want to use either chmod, or chown and change the file called
'testing.txt', no matter what I do I still get the error "operation not
permitted".

My whole point in doing all this is so my linux boxes can write to a file
share in windows, and so I may change the ownership of those files and
folders.

Additionally since I'm using winbind when I use chown on a file or folder I
want the ACL's on windows to be changed to reflect this info.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so what actions I must take?

Thank you,