Machine account password interoperablity for Samba 3.0 secrets.tdb and keytabs

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Tue Mar 25 11:36:18 GMT 2003

>I really don't think that putting keytab code in to Samba is the right answer.
>Do you really want to be in charge of modifying keytabs?  This could get
>quite complicate -- especially when you multiply the effort by the number of
>possible encryption types...

I don't think it's that complicated. It is not difficult to enumerate the
supported encryption types. Moreover, there's no requirement that SAMBA use
the same keytab as other applications, or that keytab support completely
replace the secret store.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com