RedHat's glibc-2.3.2 and Samba -> assert_uid() failures?

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Mon Mar 24 11:51:18 GMT 2003

On March 24, abartlet at samba.org said:
> I've been debugging another massive fall-apart at my site :-(
>
> This time it appears that the installation of glibc=2.3.2-4.80.i686.rpm
> (required to fix a security issue) broke my installation.

This update also broke wine, but as far as I know the wine breakage is
caused by wine's abuse of threads for its own nefarious
purposes. Samba is pretty standard C (from what I've seen, anyway) and
doesn't appear to indulge in such tricks.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
Ferret wonders what kind of "kitchen knife" is three-and-three-quarters FEET