Bug in smbclient -M

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Mar 20 17:08:33 GMT 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 05:28:48PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote about 'Bug in smbclient -M':
> Doing some testing, I noticed that smbclient -M is broken in HEAD. It
> looks like smbclient sends the message over the wire in unicode but
> marks it as being ASCII. Two package dumps are attached. I'll do some
> more investigation later today.
Looks like clistr_push_fn() is the problem. It should push an ascii
string or an unicode string based on cl->capabilities, but those are
not used, it simply pushes a unicode string. Does that sounds right?
Should I fix this in clistr_push_fn() or somewhere else?

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij                                      <jelmer at samba.org>
Pending (unfinished) patches                         http://samba.org/~jelmer/diffs.php