adddriver RPC

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Mar 19 13:30:22 GMT 2003

Hi there.
Thank you for your reply.  Please read my comments below:

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:43:14AM +0000, Ronan Waide wrote:
> <snip />
> The adddriver rpc expects to find the files in \\dev\print$; it will
> move them to the w32x86 or win40 directory as appropriate.

Firstly, you first said that it expects the files in the w32x86/win40
directories.

> If you look
> through your trace you'll find an error indicating that samba was
> unable to obtain the cversion of one of the files due to a file not
> found error.

Now, I did that, and got the practically the same log messages.
Notice the relevant message I assume you were referring to (cannot
obtain the cversion of one of the files):

[2003/03/12 12:52:25, 3] ../source/printing/nt_printing.c:get_correct_cversion(1130)
  get_correct_cversion: Can't open file [w32x86], errno = 21

It says that it cannot open the 'w32x86' file, in both cases (putting
the files in \print$ or in \print$\w32x86).  Errno 21.  That is on
this system (FreeBSD 4.7):

#define EISDIR          21              /* Is a directory */

So it tries to open it as a regular (data) file.  What is that for?
What should be in it?  I tried creating it as an empty file, just to
see what happens, and it then complains the same about [W32X86] (in
uppercase).

  Thanks, any further help appreciated,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/