setdriver failes

Patrik Carlsson pc at hig.se
Wed Mar 19 09:23:21 GMT 2003

Hi List..
I have earlier posted my problem to the samba at samba.org, but got no
answer...
So I try this list now...
Please forgive me if I'm on the wrong list, but I really need this to
work..

So, my problem.

I have set up an CUPS-server to handle our printing, on this machine
I also set up Samba.
The samba (2.2.8) is in a domain witch an samba-pdc (2.2.5)
The server is RedHat 8.0
Our users are in NIS+ (YP-compatible) and in an local smbpasswd on the
PDC.

I managed to install about 50 printers and have the Microsoft clients to
download the drivers for the printers. But now I'm not able to set the
driver.
I can install more printers, and mount them on the clients, but the
clients can't download the drivers for the new printers.

When I run cupsaddsmb I get the  NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL error-message.
It is the rpcclient -U 'user%secret'-c 'setdriver printer printer' who
fails.
When i debug the rpcclient I get WERR_ACCESS_DENIED.

I am printer admin and I'm the owner of the directory of print$.
And the files are being copied to the right place, but I can't
get the clients to download the files.
The client say that there is no driver on the server.

So now my question's so I can solve this problem...
Where do rpccclient check the printer admin user?
On the local machine? or the PDC?
In some specific file?

And where do the clients find the right driver?

I can send smb.conf, log-files and the debug-output if requested...

Thanks in advance
Patrik Carlsson

Patrik Carlsson			Högskolan i Gävle
Driftsansvarig, IT-enheten	Kungsbäcksvägen 47
026-64 85 00, 070-329 88 25	801 76 Gävle
Patrik.Carlsson at hig.se