rd /s, "can't find the file specified" (internal reference b1996)

Nir Soffer nirs at exanet.com
Wed Mar 19 07:50:56 GMT 2003

> On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Nir Soffer wrote:
>

> > Enjoy.
>
> OK, now that I have looked at both traces in more detail,
> here is what is
> happening:
>
> The bad trace, perhaps the one from UNIX, is returning
> exactly the same
> short name for each of those files, 0123456789AB.
>
> The client tries to use the short name, and the server obviouly gets
> confused.
>
> In the second case, the short names are all correct looking
> names, or the
> form 012345~1, 012345~2 etc.
>
> Have you modified Samba's name mangling code to do silly things?

Not at all. I used straight up vanilla from CVS.
I'll take another look at the configuration, maybe I have it configured to stupidity-mode when it comes to mangling, or something...

Nir.

--
Nir Soffer -=- Exanet Inc. -=- http://www.evilpuppy.org
"Father, why are all the children weeping? / They are merely crying son