bug in ldap group stuff?

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Tue Mar 18 21:03:23 GMT 2003

On March 18, waider at waider.ie said:
> So why is Samba setting the primaryGroupID to 513?

Okay, I had made two basic errors here. One is that the above is an
RID, not a GID. The second was not double-checking my scripts'
output. The groupadd script was spitting out some garbage before the
GID, which Samba was reading as GID 0 and thus disregarding. Perhaps
the code that checks this case should log a warning!

Actually, it appears there's a hole in the documentation as well; the
primary group doesn't get mapped for me because I haven't set the "set
primary group script", for which there appears to be no fallback.

set primary group script understands %u and %g as user and group
respectively.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"my head's having a party right now, but I'm not there."
                                         - Aoife Morrison