ldap delete user?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 18 07:00:42 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 09:08, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> While looking at HEAD / ldapsam_delete_sam_account a bit closer I
> found that we completely delete the user. Would it not be better just
> to remove the samba-specific attributes and let the 'delete user
> script' do the rest? Hmm. srv_samr_nt.c works the other way
> round... Has anybody ever tried this?

It very much depends on your point of view - is Samba a tacked on part
of the rest of the world, or the whole world with other stuff tacked
onto us?

I think we probably should make it an option - I like the idea that the
delete will be atomic - ie no race between deleting the user in pdb_ldap
and the delete user script running.

By default we should probably just remove the Samba entries.  There was
a similar discussion on the samba-tng mailing lists a few months back.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net