Showstopper! Samba 2.2.8 can't read TDB files from previous versions.

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Sun Mar 16 18:05:32 GMT 2003

Le dim 16/03/2003 à 19:01, Richard Sharpe a écrit :
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Fredrik Ohrn wrote:
>
> > To salvage the domain SID I copied smbpasswd.c from 2.2.8 into a 2.2.7a
> > source tree and compiled it, then I could use the new -X and -W options to
> > extract the SID from the old secrets.tdb and write it into a fresh TDB
> > from 2.2.8.
>
> I am glad to be of help :-)
>
> Regards
> -----
> Richard Sharpe, rsharpe[at]ns.aus.com, rsharpe[at]samba.org,
> sharpe[at]ethereal.com, http://www.richardsharpe.com

Ok, can anyone are sure that the upgrade read old tbd file.
I use samba 2.2.7a and OpenLdap, I am not connected to the internet, but
the point 51 are very interesting for my problem (submited in
samba-list). My server will become in production. I don't would like
lose my SID and workstation SID.

can I have a answer today ?

thanks

	Stéphane Purnelle