rd /s, "can't find the file specified" (internal reference b1996)

Nir Soffer nirs at exanet.com
Sun Mar 16 16:47:44 GMT 2003

Following up to myself, reproducing this is apparently even simpler than I thought - simply do a:

"touch nir test test"

and try to delete it from a DOS command line. It will fail.

"nirtest123456" fails as well, but "nirtest12345" so it seems to filename size related. 13 characters won't work and 12 will. Perhaps it's because something is geared towards 8 characters, a dot, and 3 characters somewhere along the line?

Needless to say, it works fine on w2k shares...

Nir.

--
Nir Soffer -=- Exanet Inc. -=- http://www.evilpuppy.org
"Father, why are all the children weeping? / They are merely crying son