Samba 2.2.8 large file bug in smbwrapper and permissions bug?

Nicholas Brealey nick at brealey.org
Sun Mar 16 11:57:58 GMT 2003

Hello

Compiling 2.2.8 and smbwrapper on Solaris 9,
I saw the following warnings:

Compiling smbwrapper/smbw.c with -KPIC
"smbwrapper/smbw.c", line 1258: warning: argument #4 is incompatible with prototype:
	prototype: pointer to ullong : "include/proto.h", line 303
	argument : pointer to uint

Compiling smbwrapper/smbw_stat.c with -KPIC
"smbwrapper/smbw_stat.c", line 149: warning: argument #4 is incompatible with
prototype:
	prototype: pointer to ullong : "include/proto.h", line 303
	argument : pointer to uint

(Also several less worrying int/uint warnings).

These warnings worried me so I tested smbsh listing a large file
created using mkfile in a directory which is shared by Samba:

$ /usr/sbin/mkfile  5g 5gig
$ ls -l 5gig
-rw-------   1 nick     staff    5368709120 Mar 16 11:47 5gig
$ smbsh
Username: ****
Password:
$ cd /smb/****
$ ls -l 5gig
-rw-r--r--   1 nick     staff    1073741824 Mar 16 11:47 5gig

*** I also just noticed the differences in permissions - that is more
worrying than the large file problem. ***

BTW I notice that smbwrapper is not built on the Solaris systems
in the bulid farm. Can it be added?

Regards

Nick