Error messages generated by passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c are (almost) useless

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Fri Mar 14 10:17:33 GMT 2003

It seem very clear to me Richard.

An smbpasswd entry has a single UID field, if there you find something
that's not a number then the entry is malformed.

What's unclear?

Printing the line may clobber the logs, as a malformed entry may contain
just anything like control chars, I agree that telling the entry line
number could be a good idea.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399