failure to print (samba HEAD, cups, raw printers)

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Thu Mar 13 15:00:50 GMT 2003

On March 13, waider at waider.ie said:
> hi folks,
>
> again with the peculiar setup :) I've set up raw printers in cups to
> match the windows network, and added the correct windows drivers to
> feed them. One of the printers, a HP Colour LaserJet 8500 in PCL mode,
> fails at the testpage stage with this message:

Uh, sorry. forgot to mention. The client is NT4SP6. By "correct
windows drivers to feed them" I mean the NT box downloads the same PCL
drivers from the Samba server as it would from the normal (NT) server.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
Andrea.B.Previtera says, "I can't remember...we found a good cheap beer in an