failure to print (samba HEAD, cups, raw printers)

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Thu Mar 13 14:57:47 GMT 2003

hi folks,

again with the peculiar setup :) I've set up raw printers in cups to
match the windows network, and added the correct windows drivers to
feed them. One of the printers, a HP Colour LaserJet 8500 in PCL mode,
fails at the testpage stage with this message:

"the data area passed to a system call is too small"

I've done a trace of the attempt, which I can forward if required. I
thought this might be the large RPC bug that tpot was looking at, but
I'm not sure.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

Anyway, yes. Known bug. Try entering only numbers as your phone number, no
brackets, dashes, widgets, knobs, fish or sliding trammel bars.