How to verify the domain secret is good or bad?

Scott Prive scottprive at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 11 22:20:10 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chere Zhou" <qzhou at isilon.com>
To: "Scott Prive" <scottprive at earthlink.net>; <samba at lists.samba.org>;
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: How to verify the domain secret is good or bad?

> On Tuesday 11 March 2003 01:23 pm, Scott Prive wrote:

I'm not sure about a lot of things, so don't make any bets on my advice OK?
:-)

"always"? For the short term, I believe that is true... a working secret
stays valid so long as you don't "change things". I do not know exactly know
what all the possible triggers are for invalidating your secret.

Secrets may have an expiration date (so you can't say 'always'), but if
there is a use-by date, I do not know what it is. Someone else might.

-Scott