Samba 3.0 Alpha22 + AD Domain, RedHat Kerberos Problems

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Tue Mar 11 17:06:47 GMT 2003

We had this same problem at connectathon. All I had to do was Go to
the ADS machine, login as the user, and change the password. The
current released version of MIT kerberos worked fine after that. It
appears that MS does not create all the required encryption types
for the password until the first change.

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> The issue is that the password of the user you are connecting to Samba
> with does not have the 'upgraded' password types.  This occurs if the
> user hasn't changed their password since the ADS upgrade.
>
> The 'best' solution is to get a newer kerberos library, but MIT hasn't
> released the latest kerberos, so it's up to you to get their snapshots,
> or a recent heimdal.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D