scalability of print_queue_update

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Mar 11 01:05:53 GMT 2003

Martin Pool wrote:

> Alternatively we might say that 40,000 jobs is a silly number to have
> queued. :-)

Probably, but it would be good to know that it would work.

What I am curious about is if you have a solution to a question I posed
about a year ago.

On Windows, the print job number appears to be an unsigned 16 bit number
if I remember correctly.

On OpenVMS, the print job number is an unsigned 32 bit number.  This
number range is also shared with batch jobs.

Is there any way for SAMBA to accomodate 32 bit print job IDs?

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only