Information on Samba QA process, Regression testsuites

Scott Prive scottprive at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 9 23:03:05 GMT 2003

Hello,

I hope this is the correct forum to request this information...

I'm looking for information on the Samba test and release process. I expect
there's nothing formal like Mozilla, but is there a group or individual who
has a primary focus of testing? I have some questions.

Is there a official" regression testsuite exist for samba, and where would I
find this?
Is there a multi-system test that verifies overall functionality?

I'd like to contribute to such an effort -- or start one (using Perl).
I have plenty of time for such a thing, while looking for a SQA job :-/.

(I am not a list member. I'll watch if a thread develops, but it would be
helpful to cc: me on replies).

Cheers,

Scott Prive
Lowell, MA