breakage in cliconnect or thereabouts

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sun Mar 9 22:55:35 GMT 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 08:20:34AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 08:05, Ronan Waide wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > 	* libsmb/smb_signing.c, libsmb/smbencrypt.c, Makefile.in,
> >       include/client.h, libsmb/cliconnect.c, libsmb/clientgen.c:
> > 	Change the way we sign SMB packets, to a function pointer interface.
> >
> > 	The intention is to allow for NTLMSSP and kerberos signing of packets,
> >     but for now it's just what I call 'simple' signing. (aka SMB
> >     signing per the SNIA spec)
> >
> > 	Andrew Bartlett
> >
> > some part of this change is currently stopping connections to an
> > NT4SP6 PDC working from Samba. I'm getting "session request to SERVER
> > failed (Called name not present)"
> >
> > If I find the bug, I'll post further. If not, I'm sure someone else
> > will catch it :)
>
> Yes - I was clobbering the 'signature' field of the packet, but the
> session request is NBT, not SMB so doesn't have this field.

Right.  The "Called Name Not Present" error is at the NBT layer and it
would occur well before you would start signing packets.  There is no SMB
exchange happening yet at the point at which that error comes up.

Do I remember correctly that there was a post from rsharpe regarding the
"*SMBSERVER" name not being tried?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org